Sunday, June 12, 2011

NBA Championship

Today the NBA championship was concluded. Dirk Nowitzki lead the Mavs to a 4-2 series and had 21 PTS, 11 REB in Game 6. Honestly I am not one to care much about basketball unless it is college and has to do with UK, and yes I know Kemba Walker single handedly concluded our season last year. I wanted the Mavs to win today because I don't like Lebron and feel like this series showed that he is overrated. I just don't believe he made a good decision in going to the Heat. As an athlete myself I do understand the concept of trying to overpower a team so that they win, but I would much rather be a superstar and have a city that believes in me and will have my back. But when he decided to leave he set up a press meeting to just announce he was leaving. I didn't believe that was necessary and honestly was a waste of many peoples time. And then on the other hand Chris Bosh is not even worth discussing because he did not do anything all year. I don't only dislike him because he left Toronto, I was born 30 minutes north of Toronto, but also because he is COMPLETELY overrated. One of the worst "stars" I have seen. The Heat have two stars and if those players don't dominate, the team is screwed.
Now that the NBA Championship is done, I can concintrate on the NHL Finals. Being Canadian I am definetly going for Vancouver, but they haven't been playing that well so I am a little nervous. I will talk about this more later.

7 comments:

  1. Plus Nowitski has that dope fade-away jumper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always like it when underdogs win, good job Mavs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude I just hate Lebron to be quite honest >_>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Plus they had that god-awful celebration where he declared they would win 7 or 8 titles. Dirk earned it, not a Mavs fan but was glad to see him get one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leave it to LeBron to leave for a city with "My" and "Me" in the pronunciation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mavs ripping the Heat since 2011 but really nice work from Nowitski

    ReplyDelete
  7. He definitely took the team and put them on his back, but his teammates did step it up and help him out.

    ReplyDelete